Pageviews last month

Saturday, March 19, 2011

JAPANESE DISASTER

We have received this information from bluegrass people in Japan.
####
We, B.O.M. ,are OK but I'm worrying about University of Tohoku in Sendai where lots of college kids are playing bluegrass. Sendai City is one of the hot bed of bluegrass in Japan.

Saburo "Sab Watanabe" Inoue

(Sab served on the IBMA board representing the International community. Living in Japan he is the publisher of Moonshine magazine, a bluegrass and old music (B.O.M.) publication. He is a founding member of the legendary Bluegrass 45 band. 
A video of a Sendai bluegrass band is at tinyurl.com/47geyld. YouTube has several bluegrass videos from Sendai. Search on Sendai bluegrass. J.W.)


Update March 19
Jim,
Thanks for your following.
It's been a week since the tsunami hit.  We find the bluegrass kids in Tohoku Univ is OK.
Best,
sab



####

Jim,
Thanks a lot for your email. Fortunately, my family is all safe. The earthquake did cause damage, like extensive liquefaction in the area I live but no Tsunami hit the area.
My heart breaks whenever I see the scenes of the hard-hit areas, but I can't turn the TV off. I hope I can pick together with all of my great friends of NIBGA again.
Junichi Sakai

No comments: