Pageviews last month

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Whew...made it home

We finally hit Findlay about 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning. Didn't grab a thing out of the van except our cellphones...stumbled into the house and into bed. Had to go out the next day (??? Ok...same day....just later) and get my toothbrush, etc., out of the van so I could get dressed.

Yesterday, after we got the van packed in Nashville, we spent the next couple hours getting ready for the Bluegrass in the Schools program that Joe was helping with. Thank goodness Janet Deering (of Deering banjos) came by and helped tune all the banjos. He taught 50 people (+/-) how to play banjo in 45 minutes. They were doing a good job, too! I was impressed that they were all playing and singing songs using 2 or 3 chords and ROLL PATTERNS! Nancy commented that it was the largest class in their history. It was fun.....but I was WAY ready to get out of town.

Once we got all the banjos packed back into the van, we walked over to our favorite restaurant in town, Demos, and had lunch/supper. Back on the road by 8:30ish, I think. LONG TRIP.

Got the van unloaded about noonish....now we're repacking for a quick overnight trip to the Cleveland area. Who planned this agenda?!?!?!?

1 comment:

Jim said...

I'm not sure I'm capable to doing what you did. Sounds like a labor of love.