Pageviews last month

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Kay Bass For Sale

Hi...

A  really sweet looking Kay Bass For Sale came across my radar screen today. Relative to its  advertised and pictured condition, the $1800 Or Best Offer seems an attractive price. It includes a padded gigbag and electric pickup. I always like to hear "best offer".  Maybe mid teens would buy it.  I don't know.  I'm always tempted. But I just can't manage to sneak another one through the kitchen into the bass-ment right now, not with three more "keepers" than I can play down there right now...and not when I'm supposed to be fattening the piggy bank to slaughter for an RV transmission replacement before Kendallville.

Kays, American Standards, King Mortones, Epiphones--I like to see these neat old American plywood basses in good homes within the bluegrass community. Within a couple of weeks someone will tell me they wish they'd heard about THIS one. I think this one will be sold quick. To my eyes this one resembles the clean Kay beauties Jerry Fretwell always prices $2900--$3500 at that store of his down in Virginia. If you aren't in the market yourself, perhaps you'd be kind enough to forward it along your bluegrass grapevine (how about it Maggie B?)

I haven't seen the bass or played it. I do not know the seller. I'm judging from the pictures. Seller rates it 9 on scale of 10 and says it looks nicer than the pictures show.  Separations? Neck cracks (dowels? lag bolts? pins?). Seller says "NO" ...nothing like that going on.

The bass is in a norhtwest suburb community of metro Detroit area in the 13 Mile Rd/ Southfield Rd. area. Here is the link to the craigslist ad, with pictures and phone number.

later, larryo.

No comments: