Meeting called to order by Pres. Jim Winger at 3:05 PM
Pres. Jim Winger
V. Pres. Sandy Carnes
Sect. Barbara Collins
Treas. Linda Winger
Joe Steiner - Band Committee chair
Chris Cooperrider -
Leslie Ellis - Associate Gate Captain
for the 3/15/09 meeting by Barb Collins.
Additions and corrections approved.
Motion to accept by Paul S. Second by Sandy C.
All approve. Motion carried.
by Linda W. March financial report
Motion to accept by Sandy C. Second by Paul S.
All approve. Motion carried.
- Advertising - 13,000 impressions with ads in college newspapers. Each ad has a different discount when presented at the gate. This will allow tracking.
- Trine Collage Ad published 4/2 & 4/16. 5,000 impressions
- IPFW Collage. Our inserts will go in to their newsletter the next two weeks. 8,000 impressions
- T-shirts have been ordered. Colors are Military Olive, Pink, Paprika. Delivery 5/15/09
- Port-a-jons are ordered. Cost of pumping trailers still $10.00. May need port-a-jons pumped more this year because of the having less jons available on the grounds. RV pumping is Weds, Thurs, Fri afternoons, Sat AM, Mon 7a
- Thursday 4-9p
- Friday 6p-midnight
- Saturday noon-2a, depending on need they may leave earlier.
- Tonia Bacon: Tonia is checking into other college publications to determine circulation & advertising cost. Tonia has contacted a few Collages and they prefer not doing the adds this late in the school year. They would possibly be interested in the 09/10 school year she said.
- 2008 Club tax filing – Leslie Ellis will do them.
- Old Time Dance – Chris C. Pending for Fall 09.
- Wash & Wax stage. The wash and wax job is planned for Sunday 5/16 or Monday 5/17. Depending on the weather. Paul S. will bring his power washer.
- Pres. Jim Winger got a grant from 3 Rivers Federal Credit Union. This will be used for Nursing Home shows in 2009. James Creek Road scheduled for Sacred Heart in Avilla Friday 5/22.
- Vendors- Sandy C. says "No Hot Dog man". T.J. & Joe can park a bus in that spot with a 50 amp. Plug in. Other vendors expected to show up. Woman & Man offering to come in and sell beef before Thursday, May 21. Sandy will investigate further. They must have a Federal permit and meat must be inspected. Charge them 10% vendor fee. There will be a Catamaran salesman.
- There will 'not' be a BINGO with the white elephant items or craft class on Friday. Sandy T. has a wedding and will not be at the festival.
- Need postings on:
- http://www.mandolincafe.com/ and other bluegrass sites
- Grandstand electric lights – It was advised to not lock the electric box because of liability reasons. The new plan is to remove the breaker.
- Workshops on Sat were lined up then Carefree was lined up and canceled. Dave Vogie is getting new instructors.
- Extended Banjo workshop - Kent Roe will teach 1-3p at the Log Cabin on May 23. Charge is $10
- Pres. Jim W. gave a report on the TAM program that was at South Side Elementary School, Kendallville on Thursday April 16, 2009. Valerie Smith & Liberty Pike did this school informational show. It was said that they put on a very good show and the children responded very well. The House Concert at Wingers on Saturday 4/18 was also a huge success. 34 attended. They sang, played music, and visited. Even had some good food I hear.
- 2009-2010 NIBGA Meeting Location. It was voted by the board to continue holding the meetings and jam session at South West Conservation Club, Ft. Wayne, IN. Motion to do so by Paul S. Seconded by T.J. Collins. All say yes. Motion carried.
- Due to no meetings during the summer months the board divides up the work of addressing and stamping the newsletters.
- May 15 – all at festival
- June 21 – Barb & T.J. Collins
- July 19 – Pam Keiper
- August 16 – Paul Saurborn
- September 20 - Joe Wyandt
- NCCFC is maintaining the grounds and Rest Rooms until May 19.
- Devotions on Sunday May 24, 2009 will again be Rev. Al Wingfield – Concordia Theological Seminary.
- Cheri & Joe Frantz have confirmed they will be doing the rest rooms during the festival.
- There are no Showcase bands scheduled for the Thursday evening festival show.
- The colors of the stickers for cars and campers for S09/F09 was reviewed. Some color changes were required. Vendors need to be different colors spring & fall.
- Chris Cooperrider is the chairman of the 4-seater Taxis (golf carts) She will oversee the schedule of who drives when. Taxi schedule during the festival is:
- Thursday 5/21 – 4:00 p.m. until after the show.
- Friday 5/22 – 6:00 p.m. until after the show.
- Saturday 5/23 – 10:00 a.m. until after the show.
- Sunday 5/24 – 10:00 a.m. until after the show.
- There will be two aerial sprayings of the Gypsy Moth at the Kendallville Fairgrounds. Don Moore said that it will be completed prior to our arrival.
- May 17 1p, NIBGA Board officers dinner. Wingers will buy the meat. Dave Keiper will cook the meat. Others will bring dishes to share.
- Estimated arrival dates of the board officers, at the fairgrounds, for the S09 festival.
- Wingers -- 5/13
- Carnes – 5/15
- Collins – 5/14 or 5/15
- Keipers – 5/13
- Saurborn – 5/14
- Wyandt – 5/13
- Steiner/Cooperrider – 5/21
- Ellis – 5/15
Approval of expenses
Motion to adjourn
Pam Keiper. Second by Paul Saurborn. Adjourned 4:25
NIBGA Secretary Barbara Collins